Saturday, December 21, 2013

no.16

I left my heart in San Francisco.

Literally, it’s hiding in one of the linen closets of an abandoned opera house.

As an only child, you learn to hide things from people because you always tend to open up to strangers because in reality, those are the only people in your life.
That's why I hid my heart.

Because if you knew what was happening inside that linen closet you would call me a spoiled brat once more, and you would walk away.

Yeah, maybe I am spoiled.

Spoiled on the love and pure devotion of parents that were told could never bare a child after six years of trying.
They were almost 40 when I appeared in my beautiful mothers womb.
Spoiled on the beautiful things of this world because my parents wanted to give me the globe by age 18.
Spoiled because my parents wanted me to feel beautiful, and because they new my talents at a young age.

So yes, I am spoiled with material items, but there is a story behind each one.

And yes, I am spoiled with love, because I was the only one to love.

I grew up in silence.

I grew up alone.

I grew up being called the "spoiled brat."

Sorry if the girl who was an only child who seemed to fit your stereotype was coming on too strong because the only thing she wanted in this world was a friend.
That was the only thing her parents couldn't give her, and it wasn't by choice.

It's my curse.

To be alone.

Whenever people are brave and enter my life, they always end up leaving the same night.
I'm to the point now where I don't tell them to take off their hat and coat because they'll be needing it in a moment or two.

The curse scares them away.
The curse causes me to get too attached and I can't help but show it because people deserve to know that they're loved and that their presence is wanted.

But I guess it's a social faux pas to be honest.








I don't even know why I'm telling you this.

Maybe I'm just saying this so you will walk in, take off your hat a coat, sit down on the couch and reassure me of my feelings for the night.




Your spoiled brat,
Charles Darnell

5 comments:

  1. "But I guess it's a social faux pas to be honest."

    Interesting. this gave me a lot of perspective on things. really well written. sorry that that's your curse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "because the only thing she wanted in this world was a friend.
    That was the only thing her parents couldn't give her."

    Straight to the point. Loving this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The curse causes me to get to attached and I can't help but show it because people deserve to know that they're loved and that their presence is wanted."

    Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so good. Don't know what else to say. loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't remember which post you said you were going to read. But I think you should read this one.

    I liked this more the second time than I did the first time.

    ReplyDelete