Sunday, December 29, 2013

La Sang et La Lune

My mother always told me that when I'm bleeding with the moon, the moon and I should sob together at least once.

So that's what I'm doing tonight.

She's wiping the tears from my neck as I rock back and forth and back and forth and back and forth.

She tries to comfort me with her subtle glow and quite words, but my screams and moans only make her feel worse.

I curse to her stars for the pain the sun puts me through.

The pain and heartbreak that ball of fire makes me endure is close to torture and I've just about had it.

So I continue to rock back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and I breathe.

I deep throat the cold and my lungs get sweet relief for just a moment.

The sun always reminds me of the people who don't give a shit that call themselves friends.

The sun always tends to bring up my ex and she may give off warmth but deep down she's a stone cold bitch.

The moon and I have a lot in common.

We both have to kindly reflect the light the sun gives off, but we both just want everyone to see our glow as our own, and not the reflection of another.

People don't pay much attention to us.

We may control how the tides kiss the shore but we don't know if the sea even has feelings for the sand.

We don't understand how everyone can love the sun when she always ends up burning those close to her and giving them skin cancer.

My screams have turned into whimpers and I don't know how to go numb but I want to.

The moon just holds me in the sheets and I wonder if she ever holds him too.

I don't know who he is and when I ask she refuses to tell me, she just tells me to be patient.

My mind is going blank and blurry and all I can make out is the glow in the dark and for now that's enough.

And we rock back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and

forth and back and forth and back and forth and ba ck  an d fort h a n d b a c k a n d f o r t h a n d b a


c  k  a  n  d  f  o  r  t  h  a  n  d  b  a  c  k  a  n  d  f  o  r  t  h  a  n  d  b  a   c   k   a   n   d   f     o     r       t



h          a          n             d                   b                         a                                    c                                      





                  k                                                                  a                                                                        n







                                                          d
                                                                          

3 comments:

  1. This is really good. Your blog is really good. I just read your last 4 or 5 posts. And you're doing it, man. You're doing it.

    "We don't understand how everyone can love the sun when she always ends up burning those close to her and giving them skin cancer."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is really good. I don't know why people never comment on my favorites. Sorry for the stalking. I usually wouldn't apologize but it is hard to be secretive with all these comments I'm leaving behind.

    ReplyDelete