Monday, September 9, 2013

no. 2

   How can people color inside the lines?

   Honestly, when I color, I am all over the place. I can never keep my hand strokes in line and I am constantly mixing the crayon colors together to create a mysterious new one. How can people be perfect, concise, simple?

   Maybe I just don't understand because I've always been the complete opposite. I have always aspired to be one of the outlandish creatives. I have looked up to people like Van Gogh, Degas, Picasso, the Spice Girls my entire life. I have always wanted to be the next one to create something new. I have always wanted to be one of the artist.

   To me, art is not supposed to be perfect. If I think it looks perfect, chances are I hate it and I've already told three strangers how awful I think said art is. Art to me is controlled (or uncontrolled in some or most cases) chaos. I want the artist to splatter, brush, and pour out their souls onto whatever canvas that is in reach. I want them to not just tell a story, but to try and show the world how they feel. Pictures don't just portray emotions, they portray people.

   I want to feel the euphoria, despair, heart break, confusion, and passion that lives inside the artist heart. I want to be able to reach through that canvas and feel the scars that are etched into the artist soul. I want to be able to fully understand what they are trying to tell us. Art always has a meaning behind it, a warning.

   I just want to live the artists life.
   I just want to be an artist.
   I just don't want to be told I have to color inside lines anymore, dammit.

Your ever-loving muse,
Charles Darnell

1 comment:

  1. I've read all of your posts three times in the last hour. I think you are brilliant and real, which is a rare combination, and I am definitely going to keep track of your blog.

    ReplyDelete