Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sebastian

There was something so royal about it all.
How the foyer was the size of the White House
Filled with black marble flooring and gold framing expensive old art.
How I sat in a blue velvet seat and how
I was tugging at my blazer and checking my watch constantly.
How I fretted over the face that my hair wasn't properly combed
And how I accidentally put on too much aftershave.

My hands trembled.
My heart was panicking.
Why was I so nervous?
We were only getting a drink.
Just a drink.
Not a life time commitment.
But maybe that was why I was so nervous.
Maybe I wanted it to be just that.
Three minutes till 8:00 o'clock.
I hear the faint sound of heels clicking against stone.
Hold it together, dammit its just a date.

She appears from around the corner.
She is standing up tall, she walks with confidence.
Her green eyes softly penetrated into my soul.
Her red hair made me feel like a devoted Samson.
The cut of her dress revealed her shoulders in just the right way.
This woman was my Aphrodite, Cleopatra, Delilah, Madame de Pompadour...
This woman would be my beautiful demise.

I stand up and button my blazer.
She walks up to me and genuinely smiles.
Her soft, silky hair.....

And then I am gone.
I am hers.
Tell mother I loved her, for I shall never return.

2 comments: