Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Random Page Found in Genevieve's Diary



Hi, it's me again.


Mom said something weird to me today.
She said, "you're turning into a woman."
What does that even mean?

Like, my period started seven years ago. 
And I've been a C-cup since 7th grade.
I look like a woman I guess, but I'm not a size 2 or anything.

Is that what she meant?

Or did she mean I'm getting more mature? Like in my brain?
I've been more mature than the kids in my grade forever,so that's not different.
I mean most of them don't even know what the word "fickle" means.

But that's beside the point.

Does turning into a woman mean I have applied for college?
Or that I finally got up the courage to ask a guy out?
Or that I started taking a makeup bag to school?

I don't know.

All I know is that I don't want to be called a "woman" yet because I feel like I've had to be one my whole life.
I've had to act grown up.
I've had to pretend things are alright when they're not.

I just want to be a kid for once.
I just want to play with my Barbies in nothing but my panties.
I just want to sleep on my stomach and not wake up in aching pain the next morning.
I just want to not care about anything or anyone but myself for the first time.




Remind me to burn you in seventeen years.

-Geni




1 comment:

  1. I don't know why, but this is my favorite of yours so far. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete