Thursday, October 31, 2013

no.10

I wish I could say I wasn't thinking about you.
I wish I could say I've moved on and that I think your new lover is great.
I wish I could say that your new haircut sucks.
I wish I could say that I hated that day at the lookout.
I wish I could say that I wasn't looking forward to February.

I wish I could say that I don't pull out your sweater to smell your cologne.
I wish I could say that your new lovers jeans look awesome.
I wish I could say that I hate your ugly laugh.
I wish I could say the opera is better without you.
I wish I could say that you have great taste in lovers.

I wish you weren't a cad.
I wish you never treated me like a mistress.
I wish my existence caused you pain and agony.
I wish you never asked me what my name was.
I wish I could just kiss you at least seven more times.

I wish I could say I wasn't thinking about you.

But I can't.

I'm sorry.



Forgive me,
Charles Darnell


No comments:

Post a Comment