Thursday, October 31, 2013

haunt me

the next time you see her, i want you to think of me.
i want you to tremble at the thought of being without me.
the next time you kiss her i want you to secretly pretend its me.
the next time you try to say her name, i want you to say mine instead.
i want you to in-vision me like a mirage when she walks through the door.
i want my scent to penetrate your senses when you lay in bed at night.
when you propose to her, i want you to buy my ring size and not hers.
when she kisses you on the neck i want you to quietly whisper my name.
and when she giggles I want you to hear my laugh instead.
when you turn on the radio in your car, i want you to hear me sing along.
and when you lay down your head at the end of the day, i want you to tell me about your day at the office in your head.
i want you to break down crying in the shower because you know i won't be there to get you the towel you forgot in the dryer.
i want you to forever feel the empty space by your side.
i want you to rapidly turn around when you hear my name.
i want you to be miserably haunted by my existence.





because you haunt mine.



5 comments:

  1. "when you propose to her, i want you to buy my ring size and not hers"

    The way you write, well, actually I should say the way you think, is just great. I love your blog. This post is so...yes. Really, 'yes' is the only word I can find to describe it. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I just found your blog because I liked your comment on Nelson's last post. And I absolutely love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, okay..

    First off, in love, with, this, post. It like punched me in the chest as I read it. Butterflies.

    "when she kisses you on the neck i want you to quietly whisper my name."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I'm like stalking your blog now I know that's kinda weird but I just really like your writing :)

    ReplyDelete