Tuesday, November 12, 2013

a letter to the boy sitting across from me

hello.


you've only talked to me like maybe three times, but I think i'm in love with you.


that was way too forward.
let me start over.

Hello,

    I know that secret admirer letters are really cliche, and for you I don't want to be cliche.
But I don't know what else to call this letter, so I apologize for being obvious. I guess I just really like the tailoring of your pants and I really like your art.
I look at your journal sometimes and the things you create are intense without trying too hard. You're honest and funny but you know when to push the knife into the wound a little deeper.



I like that.




   You walk with such confidence and you smile at all the right people, but if I look hard enough, I can see you hesitate before you step towards her. She brings you to your knees and you bow willingly.
You love her.
And I think she loves you too, but in a different way.
I guess that's why I'm writing this.
I guess I'm just saying that I can love you the same way you love her.
But you don't want me to, so I'm staying secret for you.

I guess this is where you quietly whisper "thank you" under your breath.

I'll shut up now. I've said enough.

But just remember that there is always someone out there who sees you, even though you don't always see them.

OK, that's it.

Bye.

12 comments:

  1. You have a very unique and creative way of writing, that was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you like the tailoring of his pants and his art? Goodness girl, now I like you. And he didn't even make the tailoring of his pants. But he picked it out and you like his art. Now if you like someone's art, that' s a new ball park and girl I like your art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really good! thanks for posting it! Its all completely true, you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was so cute and filled my heart and was really sweet but sad at the same time, just like love.
    You love her.
    And I think she loves you too, but in a different way.
    I guess that's why I'm writing this.
    I guess I'm just saying that I can love you the same way you love her.

    my favorite part

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Your honest and funny but you know when to push the knife into the wound a little deeper."
    ***You're. I love the way this line makes my imagination go crazy.
    I enjoy this post. It is honest and real. Not to mention, it's the story of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Your honest and funny but you know when to push the knife into the wound a little deeper."
    ***You're. I love the way this line makes my imagination go crazy.
    I enjoy this post. It is honest and real. Not to mention, it's the story of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really liked this post. really sincere. i think we can all relate. i like you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep... I think I have a crush on the boy I sit next to also... Thanks for being the first to admit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's probably blonde, right?

    Charles Darnell. You're writing's so simple. You're not trying to fancy it up. I really like that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awee and this is what I call a good love story. :)

    ReplyDelete