Wednesday, June 18, 2014

it's not my party so i'll cry in my car

he danced with every girl in the room twice

but he didn't dance with me once

he only pulled me aside and asked if i was alright

and i lied to his face and said i was

so he knocked back another and got her alone

and i'm glad he didn't see me in the doorway

because he would've seen red swollen eyes

and not the love of his life going in for the kiss

i was just going to ask him to walk me to my car

i was just going to say goodbye

but why would he say his last goodbye to me

when he was saying hello to the love of his life

so i just turned on Sparks and drove home

and i let the tears roll and the sobs break

and i wished that he would've danced with me once

and i wished that our kisses could've healed his broken heart

instead of breaking mine

and i wished that the party was my party

so i could've cried in front of everyone

and not alone in my car

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I personally identify with the half heart ridden last goodbyes and the crying alone in the car aspect of this. I love you, S.

    - Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. even just reading this title...wow. and oh my gosh my heart you did it again goodness. why can we all identify with crying alone in the car-I hate that.
    AND SPARKS. OHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Q: What's the hardest part of writing?
    A: Everything.

    WRONG. The hardest part of writing is ENDING a piece of writing & Charles, this ending was devastatingly true. The truth is all that matters in poetry.

    #stronglyopinionatedcomment #keepitspicy #missyoulady

    ReplyDelete